Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Time For Goodbyes

This week has been intense, both busy and then with my emotions. We were in nearly as many churches as the days we were in Rotherham. I love all the children's work and drama and everything we've been able to do while we were there. This week has also been interesting for me emotionally, as I've been struggling a lot with leaving my YWAM family. I know that I know that I know that I'm doing exactly what God wants for me in coming back to Lansing, in not doing the BLS. But goodbyes are so hard. I hate the tearing that comes and comes fairly often in my life. I am doing somewhat better, though it will still be incredibly hard.

We arrived back in London this evening to great bear hugs and squeals of delight. It's been absolutely fantastic to see everyone. After an hour or so of loud greetings, food, talking over each other and general craziness, I walked home with the guys to All Souls. Walking home with my big brothers was just what I needed and the Sam's chicken didn't hurt either! :) Then more crazy greetings, though not as loud. And then we all settled in to watch a movie and spend some quality time together. :-P Let me tell you this: I love my YWAM family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment