Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wow.

Can I just say that God is SO incredibly good?  Let me tell you, even in those moments when you don't think God is paying any attention to you, He most certainly is!  The last 3 months have really cemented that concept into my brain, in so very many ways. One that stands out to me recently, is walking into the mail room to find an anonymous check (crazy right?) for a rather large amount.  That completely floored me!  I definitely went screaming through the halls to tell people how good God is and how His people listen to Him.  Unbeknownst to whoever it was that sent it, it was exactly 3 months worth of support.

In the last 3 months, I have learned so many tools for both myself and to help others.  I have also learned SO much about myself.  We had a whole week dedicated to personality types and that was by far my favorite week.  We had to write a mission statement of sorts about ourselves after taking 10-12 different tests.  Obviously, it's just a brief overview, but here's mine: "I am an eternal optimist who knows who she is and isn't. I pursue harmony, mercy and value.  I'm trusting and a good listener.  I discern what is around me.  I look for intimate relationships while interacting with, including and empathizing with those around me.  I am full of humor, quick to smile and always dancing out my joy.  I'm an imaginative dreamer, looking for a grand adventure."  Wow.  God did a good job when He created me. ;)

In just eleven days, my small team heads out for Thailand.  There are just six of us: Brian and Megan, Carol, Karen, Sarah (our leader), and myself.  We get to work in several different locations.  In the first location, Chang Rai, we'll be involved in a college student ministry, as well as teaching staff and pastors some of the tools we've learned in this school.  After three weeks, we'll head to Chang Mai to teach in a DTS.  It's so cool to come full circle!  Just a year and a half ago, I was in a DTS, now I'll be teaching!  In the three weeks we have there, we will be teaching on Intercession & Hearing the Voice of God, The Plumbline and Inner Healing.  Then we'll spend a short time in Bangkok, coming along side a ministry that reaches out to the men who help perpetuate the sex trade! 

I'm so incredibly excited about teaching!  This right here, shows how much I've grown.  In our last few weeks of DTS, we had an oral exam, in which, we essentially had to teach on a topic for I believe, 15 minutes.  Several weeks ago, we had a week on teaching, in which we had to teach for 10 minutes in front of the whole class.  During my oral exam in London, I stuttered, stared at my computer and monologued the entire time.  It's a wonder I passed.  I did everything you're NOT supposed to do.  This time around, I felt so at home teaching!  And I was so excited to be doing it.  It's awesome how God can change our perspective on things, especially about ourselves. 

I feel like a whole new person, yet exactly the same.  The comment that was made to me a couple of weeks was that I come across as very attractive, because a woman who is walking out how God designed her to be, fully focused on Him, is very attractive to my brothers.  That blessed me so much.  I think I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting there.  :)

"Speak up for those who have no voice, for the justice of all who are dispossessed.  Speak up, judge (make decisions) righteously and defend the cause of the oppressed and needy." (Proverbs 31:8-9)  This is the verse that God gave me upon praying about the next step.  I'm excited to see this fulfilled!

After I return from Thailand, I'll be headed back overseas to Israel for an undetermined period of time.  God hasn't told me exactly how long I'll be there yet.  So I'm waiting on Him.  Part of it, is I need to know what the next step after Israel is and as of this moment, He's not made that clear to me.  We shall see!

Please partner with me in prayer.  I am in the process of raising support and this is a intense, but cool step.  It's a part of the commissioning of my own separate ministry.  I'm still a part of my parents and sort of a branch off, but for now, our paths are differing.  It's exciting and nerve racking at the same time. 

Pray for:
-Support to come in
-Safety for my team and myself overseas
-Our impact on the people we come in contact with!
-Energy and refreshing!
-The next step on the Ella adventure.

Thank you guys!  I so appreciate ya'll.  :)

2 comments:

  1. ELLA!!!! I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT EVERY LITTLE DETAIL IN YOUR LIFE! Seriously, You are amazing, girl. I'm so incredibly proud of you and all that God is doing with you. God Bless you! I love you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!!! I am SO excited at the person God is growing you to be. You are an amazing young woman and I can learn so much from you. I am personally wiping away tears because I feel so incredibly blessed that God chose my life to share you with...my friend, my sister, Ella. We support you and we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete