Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One Last August Blog...

I feel as though August needs one more blog. So here it is as the clock is quickly headed towards September...

Monday I came home from work to a package. The package contained my passport and my British visa in it. As I looked at that visa and verified all the information, it hit home with me. Really hit home. I'm going to London. You know, the city in England? You know, the one across the ocean? Now it's real to me as never before. In 31 days, I will be thousands of miles and across an ocean from my family and friends, setting off on an adventure with strangers, who I'm sure will quickly become my dearest friends, that will take 5 months to complete. We will see God move in our lives and be His hands and feet. We will learn new things and teach each other about life and faith. We will be His church. While I'm sad to leave my family and friends, especially my family, I'm really excited. God's going to do some big stuff. :) Thank you for partnering with me. For choosing to keep up with me, for praying for me and the team as God brings us to mind and if God so lays it on your heart, for partnering financially with me. God's adventure lays before us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment