Friday, September 7, 2012

Thailand

Well, it's been a month and a half since my last post.  A month of pure craziness and God-stuff.  I don't know that I've stopped moving in the last month.  But it's all been amazing and I know that God was in it all, spoke through it all and changed me so that I'm ever more like Him.


Once we got to Chiang Mai, we found that our plans, really weren't plans.  Meaning that we needed to get something together so we'd have something to do in Chiang Mai.  However, God is always good and always makes a way.  If I am wanting to be used by Him to glorify His name, He will most certainly use me!

While in Chiang Mai, we taught for a week in a Change program, mostly on the Heart Chart and a little on identity.  The girls in that program graduated the Friday after we got there, so we weren't sure what the next 2 weeks would hold.  We made friends with people on other teams and staff at the coffee shop there.  In the next 2 weeks, we got to talk and share and pray with people.  Relationship, exactly what God said this outreach was all about.

We also got to do some fun things like hike up a waterfall (to then slide back down it) and ride elephants!  We went to night markets fairly often and enjoyed just being in Chiang Mai.

In Bangkok, we were with the staff at the MST Project (Men in Sex Trafficking).  The staff go out on the streets to minister to the guys who are potentially looking to buy prostitutes.  We didn't actually go out on the streets with them, being an all female team, but we had times of ministry and teaching for the 3 days we had there.

In all, the outreach was an incredible time.  My heart grew for the people God specifically sent me to Thailand to, funnily enough, some of them being from the USA.  God really loves His people.  He took this girl out of her comfort zone, to a country in which she was hot (which she really dislikes, especially so) and had to be quieter than normal (You all are aware of how hard this is for me right?), just for the people He loves.  When I stop and think about how amazing His massive game of chess is, it makes stand in awe of His love.  And I'd do it all over again.











I leave for Israel in 12 days.  I'll be there for 3 months loving on a family there and doing some work at a plant nursery.  I'm not sure exactly what the next 3 months look like, but I'm SO excited!!!

I'm praying about staffing with the Colorado Springs base come January.  I'd most likely be staffing the next FCM (Foundations for Counseling Ministry school) in April.  This means I'd have to raise 1,000 dollars a month for my support.  This is a bit nerve racking, but exciting to exercise trust as well.

Pray for:
Direction
Supporters that feel called to a monthly commitment
Every new opportunity

Praise for:
An amazing Thailand outreach!
Many new lives impacted!
My life ever changing

No comments:

Post a Comment