Monday, July 23, 2012

Adaptability Is The Name Of The Game

These short but long two weeks in Chiang Rai have flown by. They were short in that we've only had about 2 weeks with this awesome group and long because even with a short time constraint, we've managed to build some great relationships and do a lot.

If you've ever been on outreach, you know that you either learn to be adaptable or you have a miserable time. This had been especially true in this outreach, more so than even Serbia or Rotherham. Growing is never easy. :) We were just joking today about how we started with Plan A, then went to B, then C and now we're on D, watching in case F shows up. As it stands now, we have one more full day in Chiang Rai, then Wednesday we'll head to Burma for a visa run and then back down to Chiang Mai for 3 weeks. The closer we get to it, the less we know exactly what we'll be doing there. Adaptability. :) Early on in our time, God gave a word that our outreach was about relationship, relationship, relationship. And that's what it's been about. So in Chiang Mai, if what we get to do is hang out with the girls who've come out of the Bars, we'll be super exited! If it entails more teaching and small groups and such, we'll also be happy! In whatever we do, we just want to glorify His name. :)

 In the past two weeks, we've been able to meet with some staff for ministry time, hang out with university students (via an exchange camp and a dance party), teach English to 1st thru 3rd graders and lead a small group in the evenings. It's been a crazy few weeks, but so good. I feel as though I've learned more than I've been able to teach. The teacher is ever the student, eh? :) I've made friends with people that I'll be incredibly sad to leave, but that's the point right? This has been an incredible start to outreach!

 Please pray for:
My roommate's sleep (it's come up, but she still needs more sleep than she's getting)
Renewal throughout the days to come, I think we're all a little tired
Safe travels

Praise for:
Great relationships!
New learning experiences!
All the many blessings God has given us!

 I cannot stress enough how grateful I am for your guys' support, especially the prayers. The other night, I was feeling just SO drained and then out of the blue, I begin to feel renewed. I knew someone or multiple people had begun praying. I think when we think of support, it always revolves around money, but seriously guys, I KNOW God will provide for all my needs, but those prayers are so vital. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment