Thursday, January 21, 2010

Late Night Thoughts

How come in our society, it is wrong to train dogs to fight against each other, but yet a large number of Americans enjoy watching wrestling, which can be nearly or even more graphic than a dog fight? This is just one of those questions that's been running around in my head.

I'm so thankful that I've been taught how to think for myself, not only how to think, but how to think big thoughts! The past couple of days have really just made me realize what a gift it is to be able to think. Thursday night, I was on a high of caffeine/extreme happiness (more on that later, I'm sure), so I decided to troll my facebook groups and their discussion boards. I found a topic I wanted to discuss and jumped right in. For the next 3 hours (I was up until 4am!), I did my level best to defend a baby's right to life in the womb. I think God gave me some good arguments. :) Especially since I was confronted with one or two arguments for a woman's choice that I hadn't heard before. It was exciting to me! However, I didn't get to finish the discussion until tonight, because of two extremely busy days. Tonight I laid out my final argument and I'm on somewhat of a high. There's a verse that speaks of always having a ready reply to give to those who attack our faith (Col 4:6 or 1 Peter 3:15), and I feel like tonight, I have done everything I can to be obedient to that verse. Thank the Lord for good resources and Summit Ministries for giving me the ability to think and to defend the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment