Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Breaking News

I have had this page open on my browser for about three days now. I have been meaning to write a new blog for probably about a week. I am such a horrible procrastinator.

I fear this blog is not turning out to be what I hoped I would make it. Instead , I fear it's become my weekly whining. I intend to change that! I still wish it to be brilliant and witty, but I shall settle for smart and unintentionally humorous. :)

Today, upon opening my Windows Live Messenger, I went to the Windows Live pop-up that accompanies it. For those of you who don't use Windows Live, it just carries general news headlines as well as links to current happenings in the world. And what should happen to be one of the top stories? Not the top story, mind you, but definitely one of the top stories. Apparently, our First Lady, Michelle Obama, has gone and gotten a new hair style! *Gasp* Everybody stop what you're doing! So out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. To my surprise, her hair is not purple, nor is in a mohawk as I would think the importance of it's placement in the headlines, would suggest. Instead, it appears to me that it is about the same style, just shorter. I found it incredibly funny, but also really sad. Today, when the world should all have their eyes on Haiti and the tragedies there, not to mention the many things going on in the political and law enforcement fronts of our nation, we're more concerned about Michelle Obama's hair. Sad day indeed when we so idolize the sitting president that his wife's hair style is one of our top concerns.

My prayers go out to those in Haiti and those helping Haiti, as well as our nation's protectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment