Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lesson Learned

I had a very strange experience the other day. Now, you have to understand, that I'm naturally a very bubbly, energetic person. I have my thoughtful and reflective times. I have times where I'm quiet. And I sometimes do get sad. But generally, I'm bubbly and chocked full of energy. All right, now you have the background needed for this story. Monday I had an interview at a to be un-named restaurant. It was an open interview, meaning that I wasn't the only applicant there. When I got there (five minutes early, I might add!), there were three people already there. I checked in, then waited around for probably 10 to 20 minutes. I had walked into the building feeling good, but by the end of my wait, the nerves had somewhat set in. How I hate nerves! So the manager sits down and we get two minutes into my interview, when he has to get up and go into the back for something. So I wait patiently. He comes back and we talk for maybe another three minutes. So a total of a five minute interview. At the end of this, he looks at me, extends his hand and says, "I'm sorry, but we're looking for someone with more energy that you have." I was literally in shock. I shook his hand, mumbled something that sounded like "Thank you" and left. After I got over the disappointment, I had quite the laugh. As one person commented, upon hearing my story, "They must have been looking for a hummingbird."

So the lesson in this story is: Drink a Monster before interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment