Monday, December 13, 2010

Birthing Pangs

I feel as one being born. It's a long birthing process. I feel the pangs of contractions. New ideas are forming. New revelations are coming to light. And I feel like it's just the beginning.

I've begun to feel like I'm just now starting to really live as a follower of Christ. Like before, I was only paying lip service, but now, my faith reaches farther than just the exterior. I don't know how to explain that feeling. It's one of the best feelings I've experienced, but also one of the hardest feelings. Nothing good comes easily, I suppose. I've had this saying for a long time, that if you're comfortable, something must be wrong. Now, I'm truly living that saying.

Deliverance week was so good. My eyes were opened to so many of the tendencies and deceptions I have in my life. And now, it's almost like this week is Freedom Week. Freedom from all my preconceived ideas of the Gospel and what church really is and while it's close to my previous view, it's vastly different. Think outside the box. Don't go with the flow, with everyone else, swim upstream, towards the Lifeforce! It's a heck of a lot harder and tiring, but it's the only way. You'll be hitting 500 other people going with the flow and they'll assume you're wrong and there'll be great pressure, but do it. Those that we hold in great esteem in Christiandom, went through a heck of a lot. Martin Luther had essentially 3 "hits" put on his life within 6 months. One of the Wesley brothers was thrown out of a church, beaten and told never to return. Those are just a couple of examples. Get uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment