Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Eyes and Ears and a Mouth and a Nose

After what had to be one of the craziest journeys on record, we finally arrived in Chiang Rai on Friday. I think we were all on the edge of our seats to find out what God was going to do here in Chiang Rai. We didn't have to wait long, God is definitely showing us, though I don't think we'll ever understand the full implications. At least, not until eternity. What are we doing here, you ask? Quite a bit. In the early afternoon, we split and two go to the university with a group and two go to the primary school to teach English. Sarah and Carol go to the university to hand out flyers about the upcoming Exchange Camp on Saturday, as well as building relationships with the students and eating lunch with them. Karen and I get the joy of interacting with kids from about 5 to 10 years old. I feel almost guilty saying we're their teachers, 'cause I'm having so much fun! Today we had the 1st graders, two classes full of them. We sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes," played Simon Says and told the tale of Little Red Riding Hood, then had them draw and write the names of animals (in English). So fun! Then in the afternoon, we've offered up ministry time for the staff, a safe place to talk and pray, if they want it. Putting into practice our Active Listening skills and the Inner Healing prayer skills we've learned. Come evening time, we eat with the staff here in a great big family manner. I love this time! It's exactly what this extrovert needs. I've tried lots of new dishes here. Some I know what they are and others I'm not so sure. The two that stand out are the gelatinized chicken blood, which looks like a dark tofu. The other being a pre packaged yogurt that upon eating, I discovered had corn and beans in it! Crazy! It's a great time of relaxation and conversation. Good food and good company are two of my favorite things. After dinner, we have a small group with staff and students, where we get to share. You never know what God is going to do! Last night we were headed one direction with a topic, in our planning session and then got to talking about how God has really been teaching me about His love and ten minutes before we left, we knew God would have me speak on that. So in 10 short minutes, I pulled together what I had and that's what I spoke on for about 25 minutes. So cool! Tonight, we're continuing with the Plumbline teaching, having built a solid foundation of His faithful love.

Thank you so much for your continued prayer and support. I can feel the prayers all the way across the world.
 
Praises:
We made it safely!
God is opening up awesome doors!

Prayer Points:
Inspiration to new and creative ways of teaching.
Renewed strength every day.
Ears to hear and eyes to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment