Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Excitement Beast

Let me tell you, this evening I was tired. My mom and I have this sort of ritual right now that every night that I'm home, we watch an episode or two of one of our favorite shows, or a movie together. It's an unspoken thing, but it's important. Some nights it's just enough we're sitting on the same couch and others I curl up next to her. I'm going to miss my mom.

Tonight, I was really tired and barely stayed awake through dinner (an extremely quick bite) and a 40 minute show. I went to bed late last night, then got an emergency phone call this morning at 7am to come watch a little boy, who was staying home, sick, from school. From the time I got up this morning, to when I got home at 9:30, I was pretty hopping. Why am I not asleep yet, you ask? Well, the only thing I can say to explain it is... The Excitement Beast. Or Christmas Eve Syndrome. I turned out the lights and was starting to drift off when... lo and behold it hit me, again, the excitement of the coming journey. And now I can't sleep. :) It's okay. Perhaps, I will deal with it by working on my mystery dinner party stuff. Yay for birthdays too!

Other than whining about my lack of sleep ;) tonight, I really wanted to get some prayer going. I know that not everybody in my DTS has received notification of their visas. Please, just lift that up would you? It's extremely important. Thanks. :)

Well, I think I'll go type out the next character, then I'm going to try this sleep thing all over again. We'll see how it works out for me. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sleep, sleep...I hear that it is over rated. LOL I am so excited for you, but will miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete