Thursday, September 30, 2010

On The Eve of My Departure...

Tonight was perfect. My last meal with my family anyway.... We went to one of my favorite restaurants and I got to have some of my favorite food and enjoy the company of some of my favorite people. It was my going away party, but it was also a celebration of my birthday, since I won't be here for my actual birthday. God is so good and my family is so wonderful. Rocking Anastasia to sleep one last time, receiving kisses from Max, hugs from Ariel and taking pictures with Aurora... it was all so bittersweet. I didn't have to say goodbye tonight to everybody but Aurora, because she will be in school when I head to Detroit for my flight. After I hugged her goodbye and she was walking away, the tears I haven't shed all week just suddenly hit and I couldn't keep a few from escaping. I'm so terribly excited for the journey, but leaving my "family pod" is hard. The joy in the journey, is a choice to be made. I will take joy, even when my heart isn't so eager to say goodbye. Instead, I will say hello to my new family and embrace the calling God has on me. The next time I blog, it will be from London. What a strange thought. So....

HELLO LONDON!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure God has for you!!! I am looking forward to living it with you vicariously. I am so grateful for SKYPE and cell phones! LOL

    ReplyDelete