Friday, September 24, 2010

The Quest

I’ve been rereading Elisabeth Elliot’s Quest For Love and rediscovered a quote that I love. “…Every freedom can be denied a man except the freedom to choose his attitude, and that suffering is not an obstacle to happiness but often the necessary means to it.” This quote is from Victor Frankl, a man who spent time in a concentration camp. If anybody should know anything about suffering, it is one who has spent time in a concentration camp. May I remember this, especially when time get difficult.

So many changes these days. So many “lasts.” So many sweet moments. :) I’m getting so excited, but a little pre-homesick. The next 6 days are going to be jammed packed and I have a feeling that it’s going to go by in a snap and the next time I look up, I’ll be boarding my airplane.

I have made friends with some of those going to the same DTS and I’m SUPER excited about how amazing everyone is and the heart connections that are going to happen. Continue to pray for raised funs and safe travels. I super appreciate the prayer covering I’m receiving.

On a side note: I want these shoes! Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment