Saturday, October 23, 2010

Intensity

That is what the past three weeks has been full of... absolute intensity. New revelations from God, letting go of our "stuff" and receiving good gifts from Him. There's been this theme of Him tearing down our old walls, breaking the old pottery, taking apart the old paintings and then restoring them to something far better, far more beautiful, something to bring Him glory. Sometimes I feel like I barely have time to breathe before He begins to work on a new area. Sometimes it is during a lecture or during worship that He works on me, but other times it is in my quiet times or in the walks I take. It's like now that I'm here, He finally has me where He wants me and my heart is open and willing to receive what He has for me. I'm not sure what the difference is, all I know is... I cherish my walks with Him. :)

Last night was a new experience for me. Last year, God spoke through a man who came to our church in Texas, that He was sending me to a new place where He was going to place people in my life to help me with my music and that He would use me in music. I automatically assumed that this new place was Ohio, however, obviously that wasn't the case. Now, I'm convinced that place is here. Last week, we were asked who wanted to be on the worship team and my hand involuntarily went up. Well, I did cause it to go up, but not without some serious fear and trepidation. You see, I've never sung on a worship team before. Ever. My experience with music was 4 months of piano and a stint on 2 choirs, one of them being when I was about 6. Last night was my first night on worship and it was awesome! Not because I did all that particularly well at singing (we're our own worst critic right?), but because God used me in some way and it involved music. I'm excited for my next turn!

We are getting ready to go into the 4th week and we've been told that if we can make it through the 4th week, we'll make it to the end. I'm pretty excited to make it to Saturday! We'll be having what is called a Love Feast. I'm still not exactly certain what it is, but I'm looking forward to the celebration! :)

Well, it's time for me to sign off. Thank you for your continued to support! I appreciate it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment