Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Adventures in London

On Sunday, Romy and I had to stop by Sainesbury's to get milk and other miscellaneous things for the house. As it was a Sunday afternoon, the store was absolutely crazy! So that took a while.

As we were headed out, I saw what I thought was our bus, so I rushed towards it. Romy asked if I was sure and I said I was pretty sure. Not even thinking to ask the bus driver if the bus was headed the right direction. It wasn't. So we thought we'd eventually get back the other direction and we'd just ride it. We made the most of the time by "window shopping" from the upper level of the Double Decker and having a picnic from the food items we'd bought at the grocery store. THEN! As we'd already spent about 30 minutes on this bus, they kicked us off! At the Palace Gate stop and there we were, in a different part of the city than we had been to before. We were able to get on the bus going the opposite direction and eventually made it home, much later that I'd intended. It was quite the adventure. :)

Moral of the Story: Make sure your bus is going the right direction!

2 comments:

  1. Did they give you a reason for kicking you off the bus because I know it wasn't for rudeness. You both are sweethearts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They kicked everyone off the bus. The bus was running behind schedule and had to catch up. :(

    ReplyDelete