Friday, November 12, 2010

Funtastical Day!

I had such a good day today! I didn't know how the day, or the weekend, was going to go, as half of our team is gone to Sheffield on mini-outreach. However, if today is any indication, the rest of the weekend is going to go super fantastic! Not that I don't miss those who are to the north.

This morning, I woke up to a very quiet house. Normally, people would say I live in the quiet house, but if that's quiet, then this morning was a tomb. Makayla is apart of the group gone to Sheffield, Romy wasn't feeling well and Rebecca's day starts later and ends later than ours. Makayla normally turns on the light at about 7 (though we're usually up at 6:30), so as she was gone and did not turn on the light, I just got ready in the dark. Then I ventured down to the kitchen and ate my breakfast completely by myself. It wasn't until after quiet time that I even saw anyone! Oh my. Work duties were different, since it was only Mats, Nate and I here to clean, but it was still fun. Probably due in large part to the two fun-loving guys that I was working with. It's hard to wake up in a bad mood when one of them generally greets you with a good-natured joke.

Intercession was once again good and the debrief at the other house then turned into another session of worship and prayer. It was so good! Afterward, we prepared for evangelism this afternoon, which meant baking! My mom would be jealous, as we made sugar cookies to give out with promises attached to them. I was thinking of my mom today, definitely!

I'm not sure why I thought it would be a bad idea to take my umbrella with me for evangelism. Quite the opposite, actually. By the time our cookies were all gone, I was pretty drenched, but quite happy about all that had occurred!

For dinner, Erika blessed us by providing the ingredients and then making a nacho bar for us! It was absolutely delicious! I hadn't had nachos in such a long time! Here's a fun fact for you: In the states it's "Sour" Cream, but here in London, it's "Soured" Cream. That brightens my day. :)

After dinner, we all settled in to watch a movie and enjoy some down time. It was so nice! Then after I got home, I discovered that a package from my Mom had arrived for me! I love these SO much! A new signing book, two new scarves, warm gloves, a cuddledud ANNNNND a shirt from my Dad! Oh happy day!

Thank you Jesus for funtastical days!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds incredibly wonderful and romantic(not in the man/woman way) and historical and interesting that you are actually there. Does it feel that way to you? Do you feel like you are living a dream? msw

    ReplyDelete