Monday, November 8, 2010

Make Christ known. If Necessary, Use Words.


This paraphrase of St. Francis of Assissi's words has been running through my head quite a lot here. That's kind of what we're doing in our intercession walks. The majority of our DTS are also picking up trash while walking. Those of us from the other house make it our mission to cover them in prayer. But in picking up trash, we are walking in the opposite spirit and making a difference in the community. You can see visible changes. Shopkeepers, who four weeks ago, would not have greeted you, are now greeting you with a smile. They're not only greeting those of us who pick up trash, but also those who are simply walking and praying, even though they don't know we're even connected! I'm so excited about that! This walking in the opposite spirit, making Jesus known through our actions, should extend to our every moment, not just in the moments that are called "Intercession" on the timetable. Jesus, make me walk in the opposite spirit always. Let me show Your light in my face at all times.

Last night, we went to a community prayer and worship meeting. It was so good to see unity in the body! Songs of praise were sung with joyful hearts and earnest prayers were lifted up for London. Then I walked home with Nathan, Ezra, Mats (those 3 being BLS students), Rebecca (on staff with the Arts Ministry) and Christian (the head of the Arts Ministry). It was a long walk and I wore the wrong shoes. In the end, God was so good and my blisters did not return! Though this morning I woke up and my feet felt completely disjointed. Lol. But last night, I remember commenting to Rebecca that I might seriously pray for rain this morning so that my feet could have a rest, because then Joselo (DTS director) would give us a ride. Well, lo and behold, I woke up this morning to a decent rainfall. You might say, "Oh it's London, doesn't it do that all the time?" Let me tell you, in the last 5 weeks, the majority of the days have been gorgeously sunny and not overly cold. Rain this morning was my kiss from heaven. :)

Well, I need to finish my reading for the morning and head out the door. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so encouraging to hear about ministry in other parts of the world - and it's such a good reminder for me to hear you thank God for the little things. He is truly inside and all around them! :)

    God bless the rest of your trip, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, please lead Your servant to "AHHH" shoes for a "YeeHaw" price. And thank You for lives impacted for Your glory. In the name of Jesus...Amen!

    ReplyDelete